The Greenbrier Artists are a group of over 70 working artists who meet every Thursday morning during the school year to paint at Carnegie Hall in Lewisburg, WV. Throughout the year we have we have workshops, demos, critiques, exhibits, and paint-outs. Dues are minimal and all are welcome to join.

Works posted on this blog are not in any particular order.


Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rose Dobbins

"Bright Eyes" 16 x 20 pastel on sanded paper, $450, prints available

"The Frio River at Leaky, Texas" 16 x 20 pastel on sanded paper, $450, prints available
A self-taught artist, I enjoy doing portraiture work of pets and people. When I paint portraits it is so important to make the eyes have a life of their own. My favorite mediums are pastels and oils. I have started to venture into watercolor and am finding it exciting as well. Being a member of the Greenbrier Artists has opened many doors for me in the art world. I am a juried member of the West Virginia Watercolor Society, and a juried artisan of Tamarack the Best of West Viriginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment