The Greenbrier Artists are a group of over 70 working artists who meet every Thursday morning during the school year to paint at Carnegie Hall in Lewisburg, WV. Throughout the year we have we have workshops, demos, critiques, exhibits, and paint-outs. Dues are minimal and all are welcome to join.

Works posted on this blog are not in any particular order.


Sunday, May 2, 2010

Diane Mitchell


"Zinnias" watercolor, $200, prints available

"Vern" watercolor, $200, prints available

"Boats in the Sun" watercolor, not for sale

My husband and I moved to West Virginia 5 years ago, after growing up and living in New Jersey for most of our lives. After finding and joing the Greenbrier Artists in Lewisburg, I started taking watercolor, drawing and pastel classes. My first love was always photography and maybe that gave me an edge in seeing things differently and wanting to creat my own interpretations of nature, seascapes, flowers and animals.
In my art, I try to capture a moment of intense energy in time, reacting to how colors and light play with each other, creating extraordinary relationships between things that are ordinary. I like to exaggerate colors to inspire emotions, memories and feelings that might usually go unnotice in every day life.
I started the Greenbrier Photographers group in 2008 and was recently juried into Tamarack in the fine arts, I am an associate member of the West Virginia Watercolor Society, member of the Greenbrier Master Gardeners, and various local historical society groups.








No comments:

Post a Comment